Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sunday Travel Photo #47: Graceland


Overview of Graceland in Memphis Tennessee
Graceland is a large mansion that used to be Elvis Presley’s home. The mansion sits on 13.8 acre piece of land in Memphis, Tennessee. The house was officially opened to the public in 1982. In 1991, it was listed in the register of National Historic Places. In 2006, Graceland was declared National Historic Landmark. Elvis Presley, his parents and his grandmother have been buried in this place. The exact place of their burial is referred to as the Meditation Garden. The house is one of the most visited private homes in America. The home receives over 600,000 visitors annually and it is known as Elvis Museum.


Top Attraction
Elvis’ Custom Jets
Here you can see the collection of Elvis’ jets at display. There is a large customized jet named ‘Lisa Marie’-the daughter of Elvis. There is also the Lockheed JetStar plane in the ground.

Elvis’ Automobile Museum
There is a green Cadillac at the entrance of this museum. There are many others of Elvis’ favorite cars on display.

The King and Pop Culture Exhibit
This is an interactive exhibit that uses videos, photos and special displays to show how Elvis Presley influenced the pop culture.

Meditation Garden
This is where Elvis Presley, his grandmother and his parents were buried. It is a spot to view the burial ground of the king of pop.

How to get to Graceland
There is free transportation by Sun Studio. The shuttle bus goes to Graceland every hour. However, there is a charge payable to visit the mansion.

8 comments:

  1. I wonder why I never knew anything about this place as regards to elvis. A niece way to remember Elvis and his family. Is there any of the Elvis family still alive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't really advertise outside Memphis. I heard about Graceland from Sirus XM Elvis Radio.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure this is very popular with Elvis fans. Of course, he was a little before my time, but I still have very fond memories of listening to his music when I was much younger. I'm sure his musical style influenced many of the more popular artists of today. This garden is a very nice way to remember a really cool person that many of us loved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The place seem new to me and can't remember about the name!But the view is really mind blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have lots of interest about this legend,He is my idol from ma childhood.So I wanna visit this place at any cost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a huge fan of Elvis. He's the king!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #Bow off to this great man and artist.I m also his crazy fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting place,I wanna visit there atleast one time in my life to pay my respect to the legend.

    ReplyDelete