Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunday Travel Photo #38: Skydeck Willie Tower, Chicago

Willie Tower.  Chicago.  Illinois.  August 2011.


Overview of Skydeck (Willie Tower)
Skydeck is an amazing thing that has happened to the residents of Illinois. The construction of this building has seen Illinois get so many visitors who want to get to the top of the building to have the sky experience. It is the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere. The building stands at 1,353 feet above the air. This is an uplifting distance that most people would want to be at. Guests have to pay a small fee to enter this building. 

Main Attraction
The main attraction in Skydeck is at the 103rd floor. This is the floor where visitors see the whole city of Chicago from. There is a ledge of glass balcony that extends 4 feet from the Skydeck. This is what makes the whole thing interesting, the ability to step outside 103rd floor without fearing. It is a safe place to do that and therefore anyone who is considering going to the place should not fear stepping on the balcony made of glass.


How to get to Skydeck Chicago
The best way to get to the Skydeck by visitors is by the use of bus. There are two major bus routes that can get you to this place. 20 Madison and 147 express will get you near Skydeck. Alternatively, you can use a taxi which will be a bit expensive but very convenient.


14 comments:

  1. You are so brave!!

    I am insanely afraid of heights and looking down like that over the city (with just glass beneath me), I'm sure I would be in a real panic. :/

    I'm glad you enjoyed this vacation but I don't think I could go up so high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid of heights too! But I am ok inside the enclosed Area. (: it was a great fun at Willie tower.

      Delete
  2. Great Tower. Good Information!

    ReplyDelete
  3. view from the top of the tower is very amazing.... i need to go....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really awesome! Kate you have always something Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed this vacation but I'm afraid of heights

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out this post.

      Delete
  7. So glad you made a picof this. I plan my trip to Chicago here soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicago sounds great. Love that city!

      Delete