Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Mount Rainier



Mount Rainier is the US National park located in Washington State.  Elevation on the top of Mount Rainier is 14,409 feet.  Mount Rainier is the most glaciated peak in the contiguous United States.  The volcano was last erupted in 1894.

Christine Falls

Mount Rainier National Park covers a total of 369.35 square miles. It encompasses the volcanic mountain, Mount Rainer. It was established back in the year 1899 on the 2nd of March. 97 percent of it is designated as wilderness by Congress. Maintained trails stretch up to a total of 260 miles and 147 miles for roads. There are several centers for climbing, ranger stations and a museum, all within the park.








Mount Rainier is my 29th National Parks visited.


12 comments:

  1. I'll bet you adored this place! Mount Ranier is not just a mountain, it's majesty incarnate! The moss colored stones are so lovely. And the view down to the water is dizzying and breath taking. I wish that I had been there too to see these sights first hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mount Rainier is a huge volcano. I love that National Park. Hiking on the snowy trail was just awesome.

      Delete
  2. Yaaah Kate Me too love Mount Rainier...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is your 29th National park visit?? Great! Which one impressed you the most???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rocky Mountain impressed me the most. I also love Yellowstone and Grand Teton.

      Delete
  4. I live in Washington and have visited Mt.Rainer and Mt St.Helens. When you go to Mt St Helens the destruction is so incredible, tree's are laying down like match sticks for hundreds of square miles , it's really gives you an understanding of powerful nature can become.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not been to Mt. St Helens. ):

      Delete
  5. Beautiful Pics. Professional Photography!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking at mt Rainer right now...

    ReplyDelete