Monday, February 23, 2015

Tour Eiffel


The Eiffel Tower is an iron made lattice structure situated in Paris, France.  It was titled with the name of the prominent engineer, Gustave Eiffel, whose organization designed and constructed the tower. At first the tower was highly criticized by a few of France's top designers and artists because of its design and style. However, it has turned into a worldwide cultural symbol of France as well as the most well-known constructions on earth. The Eiffel Tower is the tallest tower in France. It is about 1,063 ft tall. It is one of the most visited tourist places in the world.

  



History
The Eiffel tower was created and designed by and his company. Gustave Eiffel was among the  finest nineteenth-century engineer, due to an entrance to the Worldwide Exhibition of Paris, paying attention to the 100th anniversary of the Revolution of France in 1789.


The structure was set up in the 20-year lease contract, and really should have been disassembled in the year of 1909. Thus, at the same time it had turned out to be such a structure as well as so much popular, which the city hall of Paris made a decision to make it wide open. A great decision, that it has certainly not regretted.



Restaurants
The Eiffel Tower consists of 2 fantastic restaurants. One is Le 58  Eiffel, which is located on the 1st floor and the second restaurant is Le Jules Verne, situated on the 2nd floor. Le Jules Verne is a premium restaurant, including a personal lift. The  Le Jules Verne  restaurant achieved 1 star in the  Red Guide of Michelin. It is operated by the multiple Michelin celebrity cook Alain Ducasse as well as made its title to the Jules Verne, a renowned science fiction author.




Add caption

Radio station
From the start of the twentieth century, the Eiffel Tower has been utilized for radio transmitting. Right until the 1950s, the units of aerial cables went from the peak to anchor bolts on the Champ de Mars and Avenue de Suffren. These were linked to the extended wave transmitters in smaller bunkers. In the year 1909, a long-term subterranean radio station was constructed close to the southern pillar, that still is present there.
  


City View from the second floor






Looking up from the second floor








You can visit the Eiffel Tower by metro or RER. The closest Metro station is Bir hakeim and Champ de Mars-Tour Eiffel is the nearest RER station.


Admission to the Summit



15 comments:

  1. Bethel2/24/2015

    Your photos are really amazing! Such incredible detail. At times, it felt like I was standing up there looking down. This is likely about as close as I will get to the Eiffel tower. It's really spectacular. Though I have vertigo, so it's not likely I could go up to any great heights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about some people bungee diving off the Eiffel Tower. And, for me, that seems like a really long way up. Do you know if that's true, if that type of thing really goes on there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never heard about that. Let me research..

      Delete
  3. The Eiffel Tower is a sight to see that's for sure. I actually got to go to Paris one time when I was 12, it was quite cool and exciting at the same time. I never would have ever expected such a monument would be so tall and so iconic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! I am way older than 12 (: and I finally made it.

      Delete
  4. Lletya2/25/2015

    The Eiffel Tower is truly an engineering marvel. I wonder if anyone has ever really climbed to the top. I don't think I would be up for such a journey. I'm sure I will never get to see this amazing sight in person. Though I'm happy you were able to do so. It's truly a one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went all the way up to the summit, the very top. It was so windy that I couldn't stay longer.

      Delete
  5. My great uncle got to see the Eiffel tower. I remember the post card that my parents showed me back in the day. It was during WWII, he was able to see it during the war. I'm glad it's still standing these days, because it could have been taken down all that time ago.

    Anyways, glad to see you got to see this beautiful monument.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow. during WWII. A great memory.

      Delete
  6. Proposing to my lady on Eiffel tower would really be a nice idea and I am looking forward to it. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Tower... where world tourists are attracted.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice town... really amazing

    ReplyDelete