Wednesday, February 25, 2015

St. Peter's Basilica

St. Peter's Basilica is situated in Vatican City, on the bank of the Tiber river,  just  away on the western side of Rome's middle in Italy. The Vatican is entirely enclosed by Rome City, Italy. The closest train station is Ottaviano, by which you can go directly to St. Peter's Square. Access towards the basilica is normally free but remember to be dressed up appropriately because an extremely tight outfit code is forced.






St. Peter's Square
The Square of St. Peter's  is normally defined by an enormous colonnade, although, its wide open arms symbolically inviting the entire world into the Church of Catholic. In Between the fountain and obelisk there is a spherical stone that represents the center points of the ellipse. However, If you ascend to one of those points, both the rows and columns of the colonnade align correctly and also seem to be only a simple row.





Instantly, within the main doorways, a big spherical porphyry slab is placed in the ground. Right here Holy Roman Emperors and Charlemagne knelt because of their coronation before the ancient basilicas higher altar.




While travelling in the transepts the main point of interest on the inside is, the popular baldacchino. Thus, this amazing canopy possesses the holy relics of St. Peter and the altar of papal. Creatively, it also assists to fill up the vertical area below Michelangelo's wonderful dome.


You can visit the Saint Peter’s Basilica by metro line A from Ottaviano.




8 comments:

  1. I would love to see St. Peter's Basilica, in Vatican City. I hear many great things about this place and I have much interest to see it in person before I am no longer able to. Anyways, I've been hoping to go there ever since my mother told my sister and I how she went there 20 years ago. She met some really cool people over there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly2/26/2015

    A very impressive church and I'm sure one of the biggest in the world. It must have been amazing to stand there and look up at all that grandeur! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was truly amazing. I love Italy!

      Delete
  3. It's as if all of these buildings blend into one massive work of art. I can only imagine what it'd be like to see this in person. Anyways, I've always wanted to go to Italy, mainly because my family is of Italian dissent, but to see the sights would be quite great as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vatican City is the smallest state in the world. Very unique!

      Delete
  4. This place is really beautiful and a good tourist attraction. You have done really well Kate. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joseph. Sorry for my late response.

      Delete