Thursday, February 26, 2015

La Seine


The River Seine is situated in the basin of Paris, France. The length of the river is 480 miles and one of the most crucial commercial river of France. From 20miles  north-west part of Dijon in the Langres Plateau, it is moving via Paris as well as into the English Channel. The river is flexible by various leisure sailing or  commercial river boats. The recreational boating offers sightseeing and tour of the Rive Gauche and Rive Droite as well as around the Paris City.
  


Pont Neuf
The Pont Neuf  is the most ancient bridge over the Seine river in France. The name of the river, that was presented to differentiate it from other age old bridges which were layered on both areas of the river with residences, has stayed. Pont Neuf stands on the west side of the Île de la Cité island positioned in the center of the Seine river which was the soul of middle age Paris.




Pont Des Arts
One other popular bridge is named Pont Des Arts, that is different from various other bridges since it is usually made of metal, and it is completely pedestrian. You can see one of the most spectacular sights throughout Paris is a pick me up and top hang out area in the excellent climate. Individuals make picnics, and other people carry guitars and the environment is often joyful.





Seine Statue
The Statue of Seine is located in the Pont du Carrousel bridge, Paris. The bridge is spinning the Seine river in between the  Quai Voltaire and the  Quai des Tuileries. The Seine Statue was designed by prominent sculpture Louis Petitot. The statue represents Abundance, Industry, the Seine and the Paris.
  

View from Eiffel Tower








You can cruise the Seine River on the hop on hop off boats and tour boats. You can also walk to the right or left bank of the river. The nearest metro stations are Musée D'Orsay on RER C, Pont Neuf on line 7, and Cite on line 4.


11 comments:

  1. What a romantic site, seeing all those locks on that bridge. I'm assuming each lock contains the initials of two people who are in love. At least, that's how I see it. Is there some lore behind this display? I would love to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those bridges. So romantic!

      Delete
  2. Zachary2/27/2015

    The River Seine is actually quite lovely, though the buildings alongside seem congested and tightly packed in. A striking contrast between the natural world of water and manmade progress, with all those buildings. Lovely sky too, I would have thought there would be more pollution or overcast sky with all the commercial traffic there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather was just right though it was in February. I have great memories in Paris.

      Delete
  3. That's the famous river I see in the movies all the time. Goodness I'd love to see this place soon. All of those locks on their too really are cool. I wouldn't mind adding one of my own to this just to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the river is in so many movies. It's really great that I got there.

      Delete
  4. Chipley2/27/2015

    This must have been so exciting to be on the barge looking up at all those historical buildings. This is truly one of the most well known rivers of the region. And, so many important historical event surrounding it too. A very lovely place to visit. Thanks for the great photos and article. You make these places come alive for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost one night with the time change. By the time I landed it was morning in Paris. I went straight to Padlock bridge. I was so exited and was not tired at all. Paris treated me so well..

      Delete
  5. One thing that got me fascinated about this pictures is the padlocks. Can someone please explain what its all about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the love locks that the couples from all over the world left. There'e approximately over 100k locks!

      Delete
  6. Thank you everyone for all your comments. I am sorry for my late response.

    ReplyDelete