Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Rainforest Hiking in Costa Rica


I have to admit.  I felt in love with Costa Rica for the Rainforest.  When you think about Costa Rica, you will imagine the Green colored forest, waterfalls, toucans, birds, jungle animals and tropical fruits.  You get to see them all in one place.  That is La Paz Waterfall Gardens.


The weather was so warm and the air was so fresh.  This time I didn't do jungle trekking or something crazy alone, but I found La Paz as the safest place to hike solo in the country.  The trails are not too long, not too short.  


La Paz is a beautiful Waterfall situated in Central Costa Rica. It is located at 31 kilometers from north of Alajuela. When you consider about Costa Rica, you most likely think about flowing white rivers, rich tropical Rain Forests,  birds, magnificent waterfalls,  flowers, and butterflies.  You will find everything all of that at La Paz Waterfall Garden.



I hiked fern trail and Rio La Paz trails.  Surprisingly, there was no other hikers on those trails, while the gardens and the waterfalls areas were crowded.















While you walk La Paz Waterfall trails you feel the pleasure at the 5 waterfalls that set on the trail. The only method you are able to see the falls is by hanging on the mountainside, finding through ferns and trees, not so appealing for snapshot taking. The Waterfall Gardens are made in that way, the visitors are easily given sights from platforms over, under and before the falls for excellent photographic possibilities.











With more than 3.5 kilometers of amazing walking trails as well as ten animal shows to take pleasure in, you must spend at least  two hours for the visit. Nevertheless, if you want to enjoy each and every trail and spend the time amusing in the Hummingbird Garden, Observatory of Butterflies, Serpentarium, Tica House, Frog Exhibit, bird watching spots and Trout Lake, you will most likely have to stay the entire day.




These are the best Waterfalls in Costa Rica.  





Magia Blanca Falls, Encantada Falls and Escondida Falls









“Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” – Anonymous

17 comments:

  1. Jason R1/08/2015

    wow! Very beautiful rain forest.I wish I was with you.Thanks for sharing these beautiful photographs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! (: I love Costa Rica.

      Delete
  2. Had a fantastic stay at Arenas Del Mar. While accommodations are not luxurious, they are spacious and comfortable. Above all, the location can not be beat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! I didn't make it to Arenas. ): I only had 3 days in Costa Rica.

      Delete
  3. Wow!! you just don't know how much i like hiking. I have been to many hiking trails but have never come across this one.But from the review, it seems to be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. La Paz is a great place for hiking. I love the rainforest!

      Delete
  4. I adore this kind of natural places

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rainforests are the best for hiking.

      Delete
  5. try amazon rainforest next time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon Rainforest is in my list!

      Delete
  6. Anonymous1/09/2015

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I love your new profile pic."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daniella1/11/2015

    Jaw dropped. Your adventures always impress me..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet natural orchestra of beauty! The rainforest is so gorgeous, all green like that. And, yet there are hints of humanity through out, such as the natural bridges that seamlessly blend into the surroundings. How long did you spend at each spot there? I'm sure I would have wanted to spend at least a day, it's all just so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that green colors. I was hooked on the rainforest.

      Delete