Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year. I'm in Costa Rica!

Day 1: San Jose city walk.  It was a long walk.


I spent my last day of 2014 in Atlanta, Georgia, and landed Costa Rica in the middle of the day today.  It's too late to go to the Volcanoes or any National Parks so I spent the rest of the day in San Jose.


$1USD = 533 colones














Definitely a wrong day to visit the city.  The museums and many shops including Mercado Central are close for the holiday.








McDonald's, KFC and Taco Bell are not too hard to find.










Just thought they're too cute.  About $.40USD per bottle.

Local bus line






Chinese Restaurant menu :p. French fries cost about the as main Chinese dishes.

There is really nothing much to see in the city.  I walked pretty much everywhere, and stop by almost all tourist attractions. A lot of them are close for the New Year day.

“Don’t be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone.” – Anonymous

10 comments:

  1. Lakshmi1/04/2015

    Hi,Belated New Year.You are living my dream.I wish I have time and money to go backpacking like you.Enjoy your travel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon1/05/2015

    I wish Iam in Costa Rica. It is such a great place.I visited in last summer.My brother lives in Cahuita . Cahuita is one of my most favorite places to visit! It is gorgeous, peaceful, and very few tourists.Can’t wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't go to Cahuita. I didn't get to the Caribbean site. I heard it's beautiful.

      Delete
  3. lol - chinese menu. love your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If any one want to know about this coffee production they must visit this place and develop the knowledge
    i like this place and try to visit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure this comment is for Doka Coffee plantation post. (: Thank you for your feedback!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you for all your feedback!

      Delete