Thursday, December 25, 2014

Hotel del Coronado

Greeting from San Diego, California!  Merry Christmas to everyone.  I am traveling with family and friends in Southern California as I mentioned the other day.  Today's destination is Coronado a.k.a Del Beach. 


Outdoor Ice Skating




Hotel del Coronado is the beach front luxury hotel located in the city of Coronado just across San Diego Bay in San Diego, California.  It is also known as The Del or Hotel Del.  






The hotel is the second largest wooden structure in the United States, and it was the largest resort hotel in the world when it opened in 1888.  




The hotel used to be one of the top 10 resorts in the world.  The hotel has been featured in many books and movies.  It has hosted many royals, presidents and celebrities from all over the world.



“I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” –Arthur Rubinstein

16 comments:

  1. Oh My!! This post came just a bit late. I wish I knew of it before Christmas. It would have been a good place for me and my fiancee. Next time I will be there. maybe on our honeymoon, because I just proposed to her on Christmas day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your engagement! That is very exciting.

      Delete
  2. really really cool. I love Coronado.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason S.12/27/2014

    You make me remember why I love to travel

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it. I remember ice skating there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how to ice skate ): It looks fun!

      Delete
  5. It looks really beautiful! I love going to the beach as well, it's one of those places that I feel at home at, every time. I've been to San Diego many times, and to their many beaches, but never to hotel Del Coronado. Looks like a very promising place to stay for a few nights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time, you have to stop by Del beach and visit Hotel Del Coronado!

      Delete
  6. Andrew Nicholson1/05/2015

    Nice pictures!I remember seeing this hotel in some movies.Didn't know it was hotel del coronado!You are lucky to have the time and means to visit these great places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am very lucky it's only a few hour drive from home.

      Delete
  7. Atmosphere-Awesome, Staff-Awesome, Food-Awesome. Combine fine amenities with ultimate nature experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful place and like it

    ReplyDelete