Saturday, November 1, 2014

5 reasons you should travel solo

Traveling is the most beautiful thing you can do before your life on earth is done.  Different people have different ways of traveling.  Some prefer to travel as a group while others prefer doing it on their own.  I like to travel both alone and with family/friends.  When my family/friends are not interested or available to go with me, I just get up and go by myself.  I think the unique way to enjoy your traveling experience is by traveling solo.  There are various reasons why I strongly recommend you travel alone for at least once in a lifetime, if you have never done yet.

St. Paul Cathedral, London, UK.

You will become Independent and more Adventurous
Traveling alone will give you the opportunity to enjoy the adventurous life without worrying for somebody else. You become totally independent and all the actions you take, solely affects you.



You can Build a Journey of your Own
When traveling alone, you take charge of all your actions. This is to mean that you will only visit the places you want to visit for no one will be there to tell you where to go. You do not have limitations of the places to visit.



You will Make New Friends

When traveling alone, you will be forced to make new friends to add on to the list of your existing friends. This is because you cannot afford to be lonely in your adventurous trips.  You will have to make new friends along the way.

You will Discover New things About Yourself
It is only when you are away from the people know you is when you will discover things about yourself. You will also learn to appreciate the things around you.

You will Not be Afraid to Take Risks
When you are alone, you will not be afraid of making any decisions for the decisions made will only affect you. You can also change or cancel your original plans for the trip just because you don't feel like sticking to the original plans.
Georgia Aquarium, Atlanta.

If you have been in fear of traveling alone, you should check the above stated reasons and plan to take actions.  We all have negative thoughts.  Don't let the fear control you.  Most people don't want to take risks because they are afraid of failures.  Well, they are afraid of the possibility of success.  Get out of your comfort zone and start traveling solo!

"The only thing that stands between you and your dream is the will to try and the belief that it is actually possible." -Joel Brown


36 comments:

  1. hi, this post can be of great help to people. I tell the last time I went out with my siz out, she was afraid of me doing somethings that i found to be interesting. going with people can be a great loss more especially because they think they own you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell her to try traveling solo and research well before leaving. The world is a safe place.

      Delete
  2. Ain't easy to travel solo but i think the whole experience can be very adventurous in the long run. If I go to Ireland alone, i come back with Irish friends. If I travel to Ireland with my girlfriend, no Irish friends for me.
    Any trip that will take me out of the country will definitely be a solo adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the sense of adventure. I never feel lonely when I travel alone.

      Delete
  3. Shari the travel girl11/02/2014

    Great article Kate! Thanks for this post. I travel a lot with family and friends. I'm planning my first solo trip to South America.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice! I have never been to South America. I want to go to Amazon Rainforest.

      Delete
  4. I traveled with Best Single Travel last year and had a great time! It was my first time going it alone and I was so scared. But, everyone on my tour was by themselves and we all got along like we were friends for years. The tour was amazing. I am planning my next trip with them right now!

    Thanks Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany, that's awesome. You should definitely do that again.

      Delete
  5. the first solo trip was in Germany in 2006. Unlike in Italy, the Germans were a bit distant and I felt lonely. It can be good but not if you are too far from you country. Isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been to Italy and Germany. I am going to Italy in February. Not going to make it to Germany this time. (: I don't believe I will feel lonely in Germany. I travel alone but I don't feel alone.

      Delete
  6. I love the idea of being independent and more adventurous simply because I don't do it often. Anyways, I also do like the idea of meeting people and making brand new friends, that's cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sasha. Yes, most people don't do it often. I don't see the meaning of life without passion.
      People settle down in their comfort zone, get older and die. It sounds depressing but it's true.

      Delete
  7. how nice this place for travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love all these places.

      Delete
  8. This article motivates me, thank you Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your posts, they are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love you kate. i love your post
    thanks again for posts

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. really great the place for travel

    ReplyDelete
  13. really great the place for travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback Monir.

      Delete
  14. Chelsea2/02/2015

    For many years, I have lived a sheltered life, always depending on others for care. And, now I'm at the point where I want to do something big to break out of my shell. I was scared for so long to get out there by myself and do things with my life. As if being out in the world alone would be the end of me. And, I let social phobias stand in my way of living and having a good time. And, I let so many years slip away from me.

    Just seeing how much fun you have out there by yourself, exploring all the gorgeous places the world has to offer inspires me to do the same.

    I'm not sure I will ever be as brave as you, but even one little trip alone will be enough to boost my confidence. I will be looking over your other articles for wonderful regional places to visit. Most likely I will start with a short day trip and work up my courage from there.

    Wish me luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chelsea, you can do it too. We all have negative thoughts but do not let the fear control you. Start with a day trip then a weekend getaway by yourself.
      Good luck with your solo adventures!

      Delete
  15. Kate, it's such a good thing to travel by yourself. And, I'm very happy you had this experience. I was able to take a road trip from Florida to California in my car (during my early twenties) with my brother. This was a few years before he passed. We had such an amazing time! I can look back on those amazing memories fondly and think of the good times. I had never been so far from home at the time (except military service). However, I'm glad that I made the journey. Just think of what I would have missed out on with my brother if I had not. We are not guaranteed forever, just this moment we live in. And, yes it was the best time ever, seeing the desert and all the amazing places on the road in the Southwest on the way out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome Oneil. I have never driven from Pacific to Atlantic. I want to do CA to FL so badly. Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

      Delete
  16. Great Places to visit and never miss in life....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all those places. Great solo adventures!

      Delete
  17. Skull Rock is a Great Art of work....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Skull Rock is cool. It's at Joshua Tree National Park.

      Delete
  18. Your article is so interesting and informative.Got huge idea about different places to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It can be challenging to coordinate a vacation and era away from doing considering option perky person in your cartoon, and its even more far-off-off along subsequent to you attempt to make plans past a outfit.

    ReplyDelete