Friday, October 24, 2014

Yosemite

First protected in 1864, Yosemite National Park is best known for its waterfalls, but within its nearly 1,200 square miles, you can find deep valleys, grand meadows, ancient giant sequoias, a vast wilderness area, and much more.

As revealed by archeological finds, the Yosemite Valley has been inhabited for nearly 3000 years, though humans may have first visited the area as long as 8,000 to 10,000 years ago.


Yosemite Half Dome
Yosemite National Park covers nearly 1,200 square miles of mountainous terrain in the Sierra Nevada of California. Yosemite is open all year, though some areas of the park are inaccessible by car from approximately November through May due to snow. You can drive your car into and around Yosemite, though you are encouraged to use shuttles in some areas.




Yоѕеmіtе Nаtіоnаl Pаrk lіеѕ іn the hеаrt оf Cаlіfоrnіа. Wіth іtѕ 'hаngіng' vаllеуѕ, mаnу wаtеrfаllѕ, сіrquе lаkеѕ, роlіѕhеd dоmеѕ, mоrаіnеѕ аnd U-ѕhареd vаllеуѕ, іt рrоvіdеѕ аn еxсеllеnt оvеrvіеw оf аll kіndѕ оf grаnіtе rеlіеf fаѕhіоnеd bу glaciation. 

Sentinel Dome

Sеntіnеl Dоmе оffеrѕ оnе оf the bеѕt аnd еаѕіеѕt ассеѕѕеd vіеwѕ іn Yоѕеmіtе Nаtіоnаl Pаrk. If уоu саn wаlk two mіlеѕ, уоu саn dо this fаbulоuѕ hіkе!

Frоm the ѕmаll раrkіng lоt, hіkе 1.1 mіlеѕ оn а wеll trоddеn trаіl аnd uр the ѕіdе оf the dоmе tо а ѕресtасulаr vіеw. 

The most famous Half Dome

View from Curry Village

Half Dome (close up)



Mirror Lake (empty)











A short hike to Mirror Lake

Thіѕ ѕсеnіс drive to the valley dеmаndѕ соnсеntrаtіоn due tо the tіght bеndѕ аnd drop оffѕ, but іt hаѕ ѕtunnіng ѕсеnеrу that mаkеѕ іt wоrthwhіlе.


Leo in Fresno
Leo and I went to Fresno to see my family.  The park entrance is just an hour away from Fresno.  It was another great weekend getaway.  The trip was too short..

"Happiness is not something readymade.  It comes from your own actions." -Dalai Lama

16 comments:

  1. This is the result of hardwork. Excellent post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's by far one of the most beautiful places to see. I've been their twice, once with my father when I was a kid and last year with my wife and son. It's such a sight to see and it's quite magical even.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yosemite is one of my favorite national parks.

      Delete
  3. It's the one of the best place i ever visited,totally different kind of sight and view.i just love to visit there again and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yosemite is a fantastic national park to visit. The best time to see waterfalls and lakes is in Spring. No water in Mirror lake this time.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10/30/2014

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been back for 23 years when I use to take my kids. It's come full circle and one of my kids took me! We brought our bikes and did quite a bit of biking and hiking. First time I've been there in the off season. It's OK but quite a few things are closed for the season but...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yes, some roads and trails are closed in winter. But Yosemite is gorgeous in every season.

      Delete
  6. what a nice weekend gateway.. I really envy you. I wish I was a traveler as you are.
    any place that has waterfalls happens to be a good place. you just don't know how much I adore waterfalls!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love Waterfalls too!

      Delete
  7. i love this national park and want to travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yosemite is a great national park.

      Delete
  8. Amilyn2/10/2015

    Yosemite is a really amazing looking place. So much gorgeous natural foliage and woods; plenty of places to camp and wildlife to explore. I would love to live closer to this place, then I could visit a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yosemite is beautiful for all seasons. I have never been there in winter though.

      Delete