Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday Travel Photo #17: Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

The Arch of Cabo San Lucas.  Summer 2013
If you haven’t been to Cabo San Lucas, you won’t know the fun you are missing. My mind was totally blown away by the amazing things the city had to offer.

Cabo San Lucas Overview

Cabo San Lucas is a city located in Mexico with a population of over 68,000. Dubbed as one of Mexico’s top five tourist destinations, Cabo San Lucas is famous for its beaches, sea arch, diving locations and marine life. Mexicans and foreigners are continually attracted to Cabo San Lucas because of its beaches, sport fishing and surfing opportunities.


Attractions At Cabo San Lucas

1. Glass Bottom Boat Tour  

Glass bottom boats are the best way to go see the famous arch. The views from that ferry were so awesome, and I took my time to take enough cool photos, which I shared in this blog when I returned home. So if you wish to take a ride in one of nature’s finest, then Cabo San Lucas is the place to take that ride in a glass bottom boat.

2. Playa Solmar

This beach is located at the Pacific side of Cabo San Lucas. This is the perfect location for you if you are a lover of whale watching, you will also love it when you take a walk by the beach side. So if you ever find yourself in Mexico, make sure you visit Cabo San Lucas, and I assure you that you will love the views and the beaches.

3. The Arch

This is a natural arch and undeniably one of Cabo’s most popular and significant landmarks. This arch is only accessible by boat so you will enjoy whale watching as you tour the arch. That’s not all; there is also a colony of sea lions very close to the arch. This joyous ride is a memorable one so make sure you experience this whenever you visit Cabo San Lucas.

4. Cabo San Lucas Marina

This is the ideal place to go after a long and eventful day at the beach. Here you will see old ships, fishing boats, yachts, and so many restaurants and bars.

5. Lover’s Beach

Lover’s Beach is one of Cabo’s hot spots where lovers go to have a really good time. You can even take your dinner to Lover’s Beach, make some new friends and hang out with them.
 
How To Get To Cabo San Lucas

Flight is the most popular and convenient means of going to Cabo San Lucas.  You can also take a fun cruise from the US.  Fly to Los Cabos International Airport, then take a shuttle or drive to get to Cabo SanLucas (35-45 minutes).  I rented a car for the freedom of exploring local places and culture.  There were some crazy dirt roads to access to beaches.  As always, driving was fun, though I did get lost driving without the 'G'lobal 'P'ositioning 'S'ystem.  Had to learn how to use the map.  Overall experience in Cabo San Lucas was pretty awesome.


“We should come home from adventures, and perils, and discoveries every day with new experience and character” – Henry David Thoreau
 

22 comments:

  1. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico would be an dream to visit one of these days. My wife and I have wanted to go somewhere exotic all of our lives and going to Cabo San Lucas or anywhere in Mexico would be a dream. Thanks for sharing and getting us more excited for this journey we hope to take soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful vacation in Cabo.

      Delete
  2. Oh God! i never imagine about such beautiful place can be exist in earth before visiting Cabo San Lucas.The beauty of this place can't be express in word,it' s just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cabo is an amazing place to be in. I never felt unsafe.

      Delete
  3. I visited twice in this place,so beautiful and natural place,it looks a piece of heaven,i wish to travel this place again and again in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would go back to Cabo in a heartbeat.

      Delete
    2. Let's go together !

      Delete
  4. thuyein win10/29/2014

    kate, you are so cool. Mexico is lovely. You have been everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have not been everywhere yet. (: I still have 91 countries to go to complete my bucket list!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous10/30/2014

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Beauty of Cabo San Lucas can't describe by my word,you have to visit that place for measure the beautiful sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cabo is a wonderful place to travel. The locals definitely make you feel so welcome and want to make friends with you.

      Delete
  7. there are two things that can make me visit Cabo SanLucas. 1 is to see the arch and the 2nd reason is to go to the lovers beach. I think it is a good place to have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see both with one glass bottom boat tour. Hope you make it soon!

      Delete
  8. I've stayed at two Capella's in Mexico and they are unmatched in terms of luxury and beauty. El Farrallon is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very nice resorts! I stayed at Marbella suites en la playa, which is a bit far from most tourist attractions.

      Delete
  9. I have dreamed of going to Cabo San Lucas my whole life. I was in Mexico before, but it was brief and I didn't even know where I was. Anyways, I love the picture, it's really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please go back to Mexico for your next vacation. (: Cabo San Lucas this time!

      Delete
  10. Oh I love Cabo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this picture and it is really beautiful
    i want to travel this place

    ReplyDelete