Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sunday Travel Photo #14: Mall of America

So you love shopping but have never been to The Mall of America, tell you what, you don’t know what you have been missing. It isn’t shopping if the shopping is not in The Mall of America.

Nickelodeon Indoor Theme Park, Mall of America.  Summer 2011.

Mall Of America Overview

The Mall of America is owned by the Triple Five Group, and it is located in Bloomington, Minnesota. The doors of The Mall of America were formally opened to the public in August 1992, but that notwithstanding, it earned a lot of nicknames during its construction stages because of its amazing architectural design and structure.
Another interesting fact is that The Mall of America is the largest in the United Sates in terms of number of store vendors and the 2nd largest in terms of total area. Also the mall has a staff strength of about 12,000 employees, and it plays host to over 42 million visitors every year. With all this statistics, I believe you don’t need a second thought about visiting The Mall of America in Minnesota.


Top Attractions At Mall of America

A mall of this magnitude will surely have lots of attractions and I am delighted to discuss some of them with you.

1. Nickelodeon Universe
Nickelodeon Universe is the most exclusive and largest indoor theme park in the entire universe, and it is located in the center of the mall. You can have a roller coaster ride in this theme park. This park is a complete fun pack and I urge you to make Mall of America in Minnesota your next shopping destination.

2. LEGO
LEGO is a gigantic four-story show place, which entertains guests with colorful display of models to check out and buy.  It is incredible!!  Even if you are not buying, you can still visit this section to feed your eyes and even take photos to share with friends on facebook and instagram. So if you want to go shopping next time, you might want to do it at Mall of America, where everything is cool and lovely.

3. Sea Life Minnesota Aquarium
This is the perfect place to view thousands of sea creatures; in fact it is simply the closest one can get to live sea creatures of different kinds. So if you want to see dolphins, sharks, turtles, jellyfish, and other sea creatures live in Minnesota, then Mall of America is the place to be.

4. A.C.E.S
This is a place where you can take to the skies, flying an aircraft carrier via Flight Simulation. Nothing and I mean absolutely nothing can beat this experience, and if you too want to join in the enjoyment, then take your next shopping to Mall of America.

5. Moose Mountain Adventure Golf
If you want to have fun when shopping, this 18-hole indoor golf course will sure do the magic for you. The design is so outstanding and very inviting to the eyes, and it promises lots of fun to visitors looking for some little adventure. I know you definitely want to share in the fun and adventure, so simply do your next shopping in Mall of America and have fun like never before.  


How To Get To Mall Of America

You can take the bus to get to Mall of America.  From North of Bloomington, MN: take I-35 South to I-35W South to I-494.   From South of Bloomington, MN: take I-35 North to I-35W North to I-494 East.  Get off there.
If you're driving, well, ask your GPS.  Just kidding.

“Just to travel is rather boring, but to travel with a purpose is educational and exciting.” – Sargent Shriver 

24 comments:

  1. I have heard how amazing Mall of America is. Is it similar to the Edmonton Mall in Alberta?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been to Alberta, but I heard about the Edmonton Mall. The water park sounds awesome.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10/07/2014

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin10/08/2014

    You blew me away with all your solo adventures Kate. Wishing you safe and awesome travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shopping is always fun and shopping on places like this is just awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned about Mall of America in graduate school. I made it 2 years after. It really is awesome.

      Delete
  5. Shannon10/09/2014

    I love Mall of America. It is quite fun and spectacular. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. (: Thanks so much for checking out.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous10/10/2014

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tips will be - be awesome like traveling kate :P

      Delete
  7. Looks like a fun place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard excellent things about this place. I want to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like shopping. I want to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you make it to Mall of America soon!

      Delete
  10. Mall of America has been a dream destination for me for quite some time now. I've been to some big malls, but the Mall of America is gigantic, it's almost like its own city, and in a way it kind of is. One of these days I will get to go there. And it's going to be magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Nicole. It is like a little city with an Amusement park.

      Delete
  11. OMG, I've always wanted to go to the Mall of America. I've never been there, but a friend of mine says she loved it and can't wait to go back. There's just so much to do there, it's like it's a new world, or so I imagine.

    ReplyDelete