Saturday, September 6, 2014

Why having passion is so important for happiness

Atlantic City, New Jersey

Passion is a secret to happiness.  You feel unstoppable when it comes to something you really love to do.  Follow your dreams in both personal and professional life.  At Stanford graduation ceremony, Steve Jobs said, “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking, and don’t settle.”




Iron Man, Alabama
The other day, I was a bit overwhelmed with something that I was having a hard time with, then I felt like researching for a flight for my next Euro trip. 
I wanted to celebrate my next birthday in somewhere easily reached, in a different country that I have not been to.  Paris!  My birthday is not coming up for another 5 months, but it’s going to be in Paris.  I am going to France and Italy (and maybe Germany as competently) in my birthday week.  My mood immediately changed with full of excitement for my next solo adventure in Europe.


Atlantis, The Bahamas

I know it is easier said than done.  I always knew that travel was my passion in personal life, but it took me years to really figure what I was passionate about in professional life.  Every weekday morning, you want to get up and go to work to be fulfilled, not because it pays the bills though you don't wish to be there.  If you don’t know what your passion is, find it now.  It lives in your heart.


“Nothing is as important as passion.  No matter what you want to do with your life, be passionate.” –Jon Bon Jovi


18 comments:

  1. Paris? So jealous of ur adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is absolutely true you need to find your passion and from that you will be happier. When you are bogged down with family responsibilities you are very limited when it comes to traveling but there are other things you need to find that will strike your fancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can travel with your family. As long as you know your passion, you can make that happen. Check out thenomadicfamily and thefamilywithoutborders blogs.

      Delete
  3. Kyaw Swar9/09/2014

    It's always a fun to live your passion, and i am glad that you living your passion :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truе post for sure. Passion is the most important for our happiness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your travel photos look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, little May! So great to hear from you. What is your passion? (:

      Delete
  6. u have myanmar visitors. very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love to hear from Myanmar readers.

      Delete
    2. Iam from myanmar. i like u.

      Delete
    3. Yes, I can tell. Love seeing Burmese names!

      Delete
  7. Having passion for something is very important indeed. I myself love life, and in reality that is my passion. Part of my passion includes traveling when I can, and I surly love it. I just wish I did it more often, because that would fulfill my passion completely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel is my passion and I make it important part of my life! Thank you for sharing!

      Delete