Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Travel Photo #11: Rocky Mountain National Park

Words cannot fully describe my experience at Rocky Mountains.  You need to go see the Rockies by yourself!

The Rockies, Colorado.  Summer 2013


Rocky Mountains Overview

Rocky Mountains also called Rockies are famous mountain range in western North America. They were formed between 55-80 million years ago. These mountains are famous for having the highest peaks in North America central.
The rocks in Rocky Mountains were however formed before tectonic forces raised the mountains.


Top Attractions At Rocky Mountains

1. Alluvial Fan
Basically, majority of the attractions at Rocky Mountains are located in Rocky Mountain National Park. Alluvial Fan is a place you can view nature at its best.  Here you will see how destructive water can be and how the power of water has changed a lot of things in a short time. My visit to this national park in Rocky Mountains was worth it and I believe you will have a great time as well if you visit Alluvial Fan in Rocky Mountains.

2. Bear Lake Trailhead
Bear Lake Trailhead is another attraction at Rocky Mountain National park. It is a half-mile hiking trail that will give you a clear view of beautiful forests and lakes in the park.

3. Adams Falls Trail
Adams Falls Trail is an easy and short hiking trail. The view at the peak of the trail is simply out of this world.

4. Sprague Lake
Sprague Lake is a very gentle and beautiful lake in Rocky Mountain National park. This is an ideal place to have your breakfast and start off your day on the bright side of nature. Lovers/couples always love Sprague’s lakeside because of its peaceful nature and its reflective water.


How To Get To Rocky Mountains

Rocky Mountains occupy a very large area, but all the major attractions in Rocky Mountains are in Rocky Mountain National Park.  The closest airport to the park is DEN. From the airport you can then use public transportation to Rocky Mountain National Park.  I do prefer driving the rental car.
You can take Greybound bus services to get to Rocky Mountain National Park. Greybound is the most popular and effective bus service in this region.  


 “Every exit is an entry to somewhere else.” – Tom Stoppard 

18 comments:

  1. Love these weekly posts !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm visiting the Rockies next month. Thank you for helping me narrow down where to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thanks! Glad my travel journal helps.

      Delete
  3. The Rockies are indeed so peaceful to be around, and very relaxing. I am off to BC actually next spring and very much looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great time! You will love the Rockies.

      Delete
  4. What is the best time of the year to visit The Rockies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went there in June. It was a perfect time.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9/18/2014

    Hey kaung ma lay !! lan tal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. I love seeing traffic to this blog from Burma.

      Delete
  6. Love it! amazing pictures. I love your travel blog, Kate. I always make sure to come here often to see where you went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Josh. I appreciate my blog readers.

      Delete
  7. Mary Kline10/03/2014

    I am going to a wedding in Denver this weekend. I really hope I get a chance to see the sights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you will make it. The mountains are calling!

      Delete
  8. The Rocky Mountain National Park is one of the best places to visit in the US alone. I've been there many times since I first went with my father when I was just a little kid. These days I bring my children and they absolutely love the sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your experience.

      Delete