Saturday, September 27, 2014

5 Ways to Stay Motivated for Travel

Different people have different motivations that push them to travel. But generally, it is by setting goals that we all get motivated. Travel is an interesting thing to set as a goal for there is still so much to see in this amazing world before you die. I am writing this because I can’t travel for the next 2 months.  "The mountains are calling....." and I can't go.  

Here’re the top 5 ways to motivate yourself for traveling:

1. Have Passion for your Goals

Being passionate about achieving your goals will help you in making your dreams come true. For instance, if your goal is to travel around the world, you should just be passionate about it even if you do not have money. (Last night, I wrote about how to save extra money for travel which helps me keep motivated to travel).  With passion, you will find yourself earning the money to travel around. You can also get inspiration from people who have achieved their goals by working hard. 

2. Find out the Places

You can find the places you want to see in the world. Make a list of all the places and do research on those places. The more you research on those destinations, the more you get closer to achieving your goal of visiting those places. Have a bucket list.  That goal will motivate you to save more money for travel.

3. Devote your Time and Concentration

Another way of motivating yourself to travel is by devoting your time to plan for the travel. This way you keep on reminding yourself that you have to travel. If you don’t do this, you will probably forget about your goal and aim of traveling. Therefore you should do this to keep yourself in check.  Reward yourself by booking a trip every time you reach goals or accomplish something at work, at school, etc.

4. Read Travel Blogs and Books

Reading books and travel related blogs help in equipping you with knowledge of different destinations. So if you plan for a travel to a specific place, you will be in the know of what to expect once you reach there. The different cultures are well explained in books and blogs. You can also read the interesting travel stories to motivate you to travel to your preferred destination.

5. Learn Different Languages

When you learn different language in advance, you get motivated to go out there and explore the world with a new language.  Oh, I’m bad at this.  I am losing my Mandarin Chinese, which is my second language.  (English is my third language).  But locals out there prefer those who know their language and will give them preference in service. Therefore it is advisable that you learn the foreign languages early enough to keep you motivated. 

Death Valley, California


“Good things come to those who wait.. greater things come to those who get off their ass and do anything to make it happen.” -Anonymous


41 comments:

  1. Rachel9/29/2014

    Great post. Travel is something that we all need to do. We humans are natural wanderlusts. we need to travel and see new things. Your blog and this post are true sentiments to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your compliment!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1/09/2015

      This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. Nice, i guess you mentioned every point for perfect travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. I love seeing Burmese names!

      Delete
  3. Learning the languages are hard. And you see most people trying to learn it on the flight there lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great tips for being motivated to travel. I love the fact too you can have an online translator to use on your iPhone! Definitely a helpful thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those apps help you learn new languages. So much better than playing games on the phone.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1/09/2015

      This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  5. I always look for attractions to be excited about, this helps me keep my eye on the prize. But, I am easily amused.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin on the road10/08/2014

    This is an inspiring read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. (: thanks so much for your feedback and google plus shares.

      Delete
  8. Just wow, traveling kate
    I ook forward to your future posts

    ReplyDelete
  9. My big thing was to learn new languages so I can speak to the local people wherever I go. I don't know where I plan to go next, but Japan seems like the ideal place as I know a little Japanese so far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how you reason and give out your views. Indeed people should travel more to explore the beautiful world. furthermore, it gives you opportunity to learn different languages and enjoy the diverse cultures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback! People often ask me how I can afford to travel so often. It all started from passion and that motives me to make it happen. Travel makes you an awesome person.

      Delete
  11. Great tips. I really am happy to learn about new cultures and travel to different countries. To learn a new language and meet new people would be quite fun. I've been in the planning stages for a long time, but I will be traveling to more awesome countries in the near future. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing Emily. I can't wait for my upcoming trips!

      Delete
  12. Anonymous1/09/2015

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tips, great post. Thank you Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know about others but your blog has persuaded me to setup my mind to visit some wonderful places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna, Very pleased to hear that.

      Delete
  15. I can know about travel from your blog
    It is very helpful for me
    I want to say every friends who like to travel world wide

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do have passion for my goals but the way you motivated me will definitely enhance my passion. Thanks for such a wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. how nice the pictures and places!
    i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I liked what you said about how having passion to travel will help you earn more. And, this is true of any good goal. If you set your eyes on a prize, you are likely to go toward it and let nothing (even lack of money) stand in your way. You will always be looking for more ways to earn money to put toward your hobby, in this case travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel is my greatest passion. (: Thank you for your feedback Tyler.

      Delete
  19. Great inspiration For travelers to enjoy their time at best...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your feedback Joly.

      Delete
  20. Great Information! It's a great Guide for New Travelers to have superb experience...

    ReplyDelete