Friday, August 1, 2014

Mount Shasta

Mount Shasta is a volcano located at the southern end of the Cascade Range in Siskiyou County in California.  The peak (at 14,179 feet) is the second highest peak in the Cascades, and the fifth highest in California. 
Volume of Mount Shasta is approximately 85 cubic miles (350 km3).




 There are 15 thousand groups per year who attempt to climb the White Mountain. The Avalanche Gulch and 1-day acclimatization is the most popular route and the most easiest to climb.
Because of the size (it towers all surrounding mountains by far), this mountain tends to create it's own weather conditions. Weather is unpredictable and changes rapidly.




View from US-97



6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/04/2014

    I'm really enjoying the design and layout of
    your site. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much
    more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?

    Excellent work!

    My blog ... Meble

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/04/2014

    Thankfulness to my father who told me concerning this web site, this blog is actually remarkable.



    My web page :: jabong cheap shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your compliment, but your blog link doesn't work..

      Delete
  3. Have you made some plans to climb this monster?? ( no way)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't, and I don't plan to unless I find some great partners. Climbing is a tough job. (:

      Delete