Friday, January 9, 2015

Bucket List: Things to do before I die

Life is meaningless if you have no goals to achieve.  I know that I will not live forever and therefore I need to maximize on the time I have left.  My bucket list is mainly motivated by my traveling desires and the little things that I love in life.  Getting everything on the list is my ultimate goal of life and will do anything humanly possible to reach the goals.

"It always seems impossible until it is done!"

(I started the list in 2007 and I have ensured that every post dates are adjusted to the relevant updates made.)


I don't give myself deadlines; I do what I can when the time is right.
- successfully completed

     get rid of all negativity in life and start being optimistic
     start my own business (2007)
     become an Engineer
     raise a kitten
     donate blood
 ☑    register as an organ donor
     no more game apps on any of my electronic devices
     maintain GPA 3.0 minimum (graduate GPA 3.39)
     start a blog (2010)
     earn a Master's degree (2012)
     become a US Citizen (2013)
     hike at least 10 miles (2013)
     get my first US Passport (July 2013)
     stop drinking; ok just for socializing or celebrating (Aug 2013)
     volunteer at American Red Cross (Oct 2013 - Nov 2013)
   donate hair (12") to St. Jude Children Hospital (completed 31JAN14)

   become a home owner
   run 2 miles in 15 minutes.
   swim 20 laps in 15 minutes.
   spend a week in a monastery in Burma or in the US
   feed at least 100 kids at orphanages in Burma
   volunteer at an Animal Shelter
   pay off school loans

    drive across the country alone (several times)
    take a solo road trip with Leo the kitty
    stop by Hollywood (many times)
☑   see David Copperfield's Magic Show live in Vegas (2007)
☑   ride a cable car in San Francisco
☑   hop on a subway in NYC (2004)
☑   go see the US Open Tennis Final Matches in NY (2003 and 2004)
☑   stand between the two different time zones at the Hoover Dam (2010)
☑   visit the Grand Canyon (2010 and 2013)
☑   tour Graceland, the home of Elvis in Memphis Tennessee (2010)
☑   say hello to the Giants: the tallest trees in the world (2010) and Sherman the largest tree on earth (2011 and 2013)
☑   drive through a Redwood Tree (2010)
☑   take a cruise circling Alcatraz (2011)
☑   explore the geysers at Yellowstone (2011)
☑   take a glacier cruise in Alaska (2011)
☑   visit Disney World, the Happiest Place on Earth (2011)
☑   drive on Scenic Hana Highway in Maui Island, Hawaii (2011)
☑   take a selfie on Millennium Bean in Chicago, Illinois (2011)
☑   drop by Mall of America in Minnesota, the largest mall in the US (2012)
☑   spend the New Year's Eve on Las Vegas Blvd (2012)
☑   taste beer at Miller Brewery in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (2012)
☑   learn the history of USS Arizona at Pearl Harbor, Oahu Island, Hawaii (2012)
☑   buy a pair of Navajo earrings from Monument Valley (2012)
☑   drive from Miami to the Keys (completed 09FEB13)
☑   hike to see 10 Waterfalls in Oregon (completed 11MAY13)
☑   hike solo at Rocky Mountain (completed 08JUN13)
☑   visit Georgia Aquarium, World's Largest Aquarium (completed 23JUN13)
☑   watch the sunset in Sedona, Arizona (completed 07AUG13)
☑   pay a visit to the White House (completed 15AUG13)
☑   peregrinate across Washington DC (completed 15AUG13)
☑   visit the Great Smoky Mountains in TN and NC (completed 25NOV13)
☑   take a  drive on Blue Ridge Pkwy in NC and VA (completed 26NOV13)
☑   tour Biltmore Estate, America's Largest Home in NC (completed 27NOV13)
☑   explore all National Parks in California (completed 25DEC13)
☑   listen to Jazz in French Quarter, New Orleans, Louisiana (completed 04JAN14)
☑   visit at least 4 Hawai'ian Islands (Mau'i in 2011, O'ahu in 2012, Kaua'i and Big Island in 2014)
☑    have a personal view of Mount Rushmore, South Dakota (completed 01JUL14)

   hear Niagara Falls, New York State
   go see the Midnight Sun and the Northern Lights in Alaska
   take a ferry to the Statue of Liberty, Liberty Island, New York
   hike the Applachian trail

☑   visit 15 US National Parks (completed 04AUG13)
     visit 20 US National Parks (completed 20APR13)
     visit 25 US National Parks (completed 27NOV13)
   visit 30 US National Parks

☑   visit 30 states (completed 16AUG13)
☑   visit 35 states (completed 01JUL14)
   visit 40 states
   visit 45 states
   visit 50 states

☑   visit 5 countries (completed 14SEP13)
☑   visit 10 countries (completed 01JAN15)
   visit 15 countries
   visit 20 countries
               :
               :
   visit 100 countries (if I live long enough)
   travel at least 5 continents
   visit 7 wonders of the Ancient World
   go home (Burma) and travel across the country for 3 to 4 weeks

☑   take a solo trip internationally (completed 14JAN14)
☑   eat street food in Thailand
☑   drive to Canada then take a ferry from Vancouver to Victoria, British Columbia, Canada (2010)
☑   take a glass bottom boat to see the Arch in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico (completed 14SEP13)
    visit at least 5 museums in Europe (completed 03MAR14)
    travel to London to see Tower bridge in England, UK. (completed 02MAR14)
    go see Edinburgh Castle in Scotland (completed 05MAR14)
☑   hike the Rainforest in Costa Rica (completed 02MAR15)


   ride an elephant in Africa
   hold a Koala in Australia
   go on African Safari
   ride a camel in a desert
   go see the Pyramids and Valley of the Kings in Egypt
   walk the Great Wall of China
   see the Taj Mahal in India
   spend time at the Mount Everest (and climb if I find a right partner)
   stay in a bungalow in Bora Bora, the French Polynesia
   go to at least 5 Carribbean Islands (2 Islands in The Bahamas in 2014)
   drink beer to celebrate Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany
   catch sight of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
   walk around the Colosseum in Rome, Italy
   visit Machu Picchu in Peru
   take a jungle walk in the Amazon Rainforest, South America
   travel to Jerusalem in Isreal
   go see Moais in Easter Island, Chile
   explore Mayan cities of Yucatan in Mexico
   take a picture of Angkor Wat in Cambodia 
   make a trip to Tibet
   go to the Carnival in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil
   lay on top of Victoria Falls on the edge and look down in Zimbabwe
   see Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany
   enjoy the beauty of the Iguazu Falls in Argentina
   visit the Sydney Opera House in Australia
   take snapshots of Mt. Fujiyama in Japan

This will take forever:
   complete everything in bucket list

"Keep your dream alive.  Understand to achieve anything requires faith and believe in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication.  Remember all things are possible for those who believe." -Gail Devers

67 comments:

  1. Finally, I re-enabled comment sections. I need to approve each comment before publishing though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's quite the list! I did see one on there that I did last year and you have to go. Niagra Falls is an incredible place to visit, the sound is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can't wait to see Niagara Falls!

      Delete
    2. You will love Niagara Falls.

      Delete
    3. I am so sure I will. I love waterfalls!

      Delete
    4. i see waterfalls in ur profile photo

      Delete
  4. Umm, yes all of them could last forever but what impressed me was the fact that you did finish school and become an US citizen. In my case it is completely impossible, because i have a family to drag along with me, so I prefer staying where I am. Some of my family acquaintances did bother me with that and advise me to move on and move out, but I am not so sure about it.

    I like your list, I even decided to copy it to my own personal diary page. It will really take for ever in my case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Becoming a US citizen is probably impossible unless you live here, but everything else in my list is possible. :)
      "Here's proof that if you live long enough, anything is possible". -Barry Manilow

      Delete
  5. I think that everyone should have their own wish list and not copy other people's stuff and setting them to be your personal goal. In general I agree that everything is possible unless you don't have:
    a) enough time to complete it, you are 90 years old or you are in prison
    b) you have some kind of a disability
    c) you are mentally challenged

    If there is a will, there is a way.
    And - it is from the Shrek!

    ****African safari meaning photo shoot safari, or just shoot?
    Just asking... ****

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (: It is ok to copy from my list, and even post it in your blogs. :)
      a) lol. agreed!
      b) sad but it's true
      c) :X
      You just made me feel super lucky. I am several decades away to turn 90, I have not been in prison or will never be, and I have no issue physically or mentally.

      Delete
    2. speaking of turning 90,
      “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

      Delete
    3. I meant the real Safari trip. Not too crazy or wild. Not too tourisy.

      Delete
    4. Anonymous9/19/2014

      This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    5. adventurous kate

      Delete
    6. (: Thank you. I love that.

      Delete
  6. That's true, but still some people like to stay home and raise family. It is okay by me. We are not all the same. I agree on Mark Twain that we should all try things before settling down, because with 90, aw, well- no way you gonna travel. Well, maybe one way ticket. HEhe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I don't give myself the deadlines; I do what I can when the time is right."
    The bucket lists are useful only if they are not forced but accomplished with joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. I don't have to be stressed about my own bucket list.

      Delete
  8. Please feel free to post your bucket list here or your link to visit your blog page if you have one. I will check out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessica8/28/2014

    That is quite a list! The one that I am focusing on now is..
    get rid of all negativity in life and start being optimistic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is not supposed to be always easy. Try not to say "life sucks". Try to avoid using these words: struggle, hate, curse, unlucky, etc.

      Delete
    2. Eindra8/30/2014

      sometimes those words are useful to release anxiety.

      Delete
    3. Absolutely, if you don't really mean it.

      Delete
  10. Anonymous9/19/2014

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy, what a list. You got me beat, I don't even have the discipline to make a list! hahaha
    Hope you achieve everything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a list! I am very impressed with what you have accomplished from your bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Anonymous10/14/2014

      This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for checking out, Orville.

      Delete
  14. Anonymous10/14/2014

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have completed about maybe 1/4 of this. You are a lot further ahead of the game than I am! Great stuff you have there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep going, Delia. Complete your bucket list!

      Delete
  16. Amazing list you have there. This makes me realize that I need to be more adventurous. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls." - Anaïs Nin

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a list!! This has truly inspired me to think of making one. like this. I know mine might not be as long as yours but I'll try to copy some. I was totally blank on this bucket list. I had like 20 things only and I felt they were too little to start a bucket list. thanks for this post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love to travel, you can come up with a lot more item in your bucket list! Make your goals a priority. Life is shorter than it seems!

      Delete
  19. Wow that's impressive Kate, congrats on achieving all of that so far in your life. I have barely traveled to most states in the US, so this is something I'd love to try in the near future. Anyways, keep traveling and discovering the world. Sounds like a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have 15 more states to visit. I will be very proud when complete 'visit 50 states' in my bucket list. You should travel to all these states.
      Thanks for your compliment Lisa.

      Delete
  20. this list only makes me feel less human. Mine consist of lesser things to be done yet I have note even reached halfway. Do you do wake up daily knowing that you have accomplishments to achieve or they just happen. Help some of us plzzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, I have short term goals and long term goals. Long term goals include paying off student loans and owning a place. Short terms goals are saving up for travel funds, fitness goals etc. I have a lot of lazy Sunday mornings and spending hours on electronic devices which I really need to improve.
      Whatever you plan to do, tie it to a realistic goal. (:

      Delete
  21. Martin Vasilev12/07/2014

    Geez! What a list. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. what can i say!?
    “Rule #1 of life. Do what makes YOU happy.” -anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the quote! (: Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  23. really i love this and like it

    ReplyDelete
  24. Following items are on my pending list:

    Start my own business, earn a Master's Degree, become a home owner, pay a visit to White House.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great! I'm sure you will make them happen.

      Delete
  25. Anonymous2/12/2015

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete